11 05 15 minutes

From Critical Practice Chelsea
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes

DATE Monday 11th May 2015
LOCATION Graduate School Veranda, 5-7pm, Chelsea College of Art and Design, Millbank

THOSE PRESENT: Amy, Marsha, Sissu, Metod (via Skype)
APOLOGIES: Eva
CHAIR: Marsha


Item 1: DEVELOPING CONTENT IN SITU?

To discuss: Possibilities and opinions on publication content
Discussed: We use Marsha's outline of possible publication content which can be seen | here

Can there be an element of the publication that is produced onsite during the Market itself? Would this be a map? Would this be participatory or something for us to gather info for the publication? People didn't engage with the blank spaces left for comment in the Parade publication. Is this an indication that people won't participate in the construct of a map? Would we use stamps or stickers to indicate types of stall or different stall holders?

We agree that there should be a short text to hand out with brief description of the market and CP. Perhaps this can be the starting point of the introduction of the publication?
Action: Amy and Method to meet before next general CP meeting to discuss possibilities of mapping

Item 2: TRACING CP ACTIVITY

To discuss: Section of the publication on 'producing the market'
Discussed: In Parade publication minutes are used to show the production of the project. Criticisms that more personal sources like emails weren't also included. How do we make this section not too unwieldy, yet a true representation of the work involved to make TransActing?

Sissu suggests looking at the [cat=37&tx_publications_pi1[details]=27&cHash=6ad48cf422552c064fb806768d653d96 |Publication for Documenta 13]

We all look at |Page 4 and 5 of Autopsy of an Island Currency which includes a timeline showing turning points in the project. Rather than including EVERYTHING, is this an approach we could take? Amy suggests that each 'turning point' could then be represented by one minute, email, text, image or other to demonstrate our activity and the richness of our communication, without making the text needlessly overwhelming. Sissu comments that it is important to think about a readers attention. Marsha suggests this could be a foldout. S suggests that the timeline could include a speculative future and highlights the importance of speculation for markets.
Action: To decide on someone to 'manage' each section of the publication

Item 3: DOCUMENTATION

To discuss: further discussion on documentation on the day
Discussed: Method suggests we could look into get an aerial view taken of the site. We all agree this is too expensive. Can we make a timelapse?
Action: Marsha to contact Blanca

Item 4: PARTICIPANTS CONTRIBUTION

To discuss: What should we ask for / include to represent each participant?
Discussed: Method suggests 300 words plus one image. Amy questions whether there will be enough space. How big is this publication looking? Depends on number of participants
Action: TO BE CONFIRMED ASAP

Item 5: TIMELINE OF ACTIVITY

To discuss: What to do and when
Discussed: Amy suggests we stagger the production of the content for the publication, making use of key dates to produce content ie. introduction written for handout on Market day, map produced on market day, 'How to Make a Market' poster for publication drinks. It all needs to be wrapped up by November. We suggest dividing and conquering the proposals for publishers.
Action: Marsha to draft first proposal by end of May. PWG to meet to discuss and distribute the rest of this activity
Action: Method and Amy to start a timeline on the Wiki for this activity when they meet




here are the INSERT MINUTES LINK



return to minutes