This project grew from our Big Ideas brainstorming, and we initially discussed these topics
- Is art reproduced through a competitive market sustainable?
- How can art be subject to the discourses of sustainability?
energy, resources, materials, but also things like generosity and volunteering
- How can we/do we sustain best practices?
- How to sustain the activity that makes Critical Practice what it is - a reflexive structure for collaboration?
- Should we strive to maintain Critical Practice, if it's based on 'free' work?
- Self-organising groups tend to run on generosity and good will, often leading to exhaustion and 'burn-out'. The question is, how can self-organising groups take responsibility for the things that sustain them?
Our interest in sustainability resonates with other themes and ideas within Critical Practice like Wellbeing, A Market of ... it also links to an emergent interest in Care of the Self and a biology of collaboration.