Minutes 20.4.12

From Critical Practice Chelsea
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes

DATE Friday 20th April 2012
LOCATION Royal Festival Hall

THOSE PRESENT:
APOLOGIES:
CHAIR:


Item 1: GRAZ

To discuss: BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CONTENT

Critical practice meeting minuets 20/04/2012

In attendance:MA= Marcha, SH=Sharon, KU=Kuba and KA=Karem

- First on the agenda: Grantz

KU feed back re communication with Florian, he refared to the email he sent previously from Florian.


he explains, of how it takes time for building and organising such event, and that it takes him time to replies to as with any one els.

MR? is this going to happen?! Ku, yes I think so, SH space -- they talked about 40 people, KU, yes two hours - tables so- so on -state of panic

He is involved with lots of projects - one day , 24 hours marathon

MR proposal - funding, massive - he did not know how massive it is

compromise connoting on spacial architecture is this unlikely

MR -KU said if we just have chars and tables MR blackards and lean them against the wall SH speakers corner

KU images if we have told him that he would not be to stressed

use Bottle crates stand on them or set on them ,people can hold blackards

MR we can run blackards making workshop

KU we have to, if people are going to be stall holders, come two days in advance to learn how to make it.


MR good idea but not to exclude people who do not do the workshop


KU if we will be at the last part to the marathon - will be much be easer to make it on the spot, - preparing in advance could be difficult

MR promoting CP KU and how do you promote C.P. - my idea is to have a scission of how to promote C.P.

MR - makes me think of the Knot. find some suppliers in Austria, if not bottle crates then we can use something els

is there Ikea, this are all details

lets first talk with this guy and see KU

   CP subsiding Gratz

MR yes why not Meeting with Florian in Berlin and see where to go from there.



Action: RECORD ACTION


Item 2; THE BROKERS

The Brokers

May-June? Are there people who will devote time for it? and what kind of activities will fit the project? KU sakes

SH I have picked people that might be a long shot, but you have to aim high

MR Money-God-Art interesting!! KU what is it to me , princely why?


-ruggedised, some interesting financial institutions, ecuption of bank/s

(The instate of imitation insurrection )MR to confirm what the name of the group is.

KI what are the alternatives KU I think about my own agenda will be abroad for long, come to london end of May- end of June depending on the people who will be involved with it, inventing other themes

Money-Art……..!!!

Regular walks , we are making our own walks

SH- we first need speakers KU- speakers and places.

Walk A finishes at point B, and then start form point B - people who know the town, and would want to walk through that town

SH- we spoke about St. Paul's, we have contact. MR- we should you that as anchor point SH- I can approach them

KU with approach, project description

SH- we are asking the same? of every one, we chose people we can decide then? KU- description of the project would not change! SH- elevated pitch MR- do we have it? and what do we have in it?

- we need to contact them - direct invite SH- see what we have already and build on it

Are people committed to make this happen? yes yes yes. MR- not since I'm here in June SH- St Paul counted to be investigated. KU- what other people? where can it happen, who are this people?

SH- we need a name list

MR- Kuba is essential we would not have interest or or will Art-Money-God, who would be into doing a walk at Tate

KU- 'm not convinced

SH- list of speaks and see who would do something at short notice?

MR- for me it could be a great plot for the (scene?)

KU- I agree with SH first identify people who want to do it

MR- first is geography, specialisation - architecture and so on.

- instead of Art we do Architecture - private establishments - God- Money- Architecture - Money - Space - we need some one to talk about Art, (Michaela), do or suggests some one for a walk at Tate or do a walk.

KU-- you are thinking about institutions and some one who can do a walk and talk bout it!!!?? - Art valueless - Romantic idea Value of Art

we need to ask him Dave Beech MR- Neil sold do - he could put forward a name KU- we should do it in an other way he put people from Amsterdam, they need a tour of London, they can not give a tour!!!

End of April dead line for the Brokers.

June we need people MR Money God Low Justice and Space

- Money- Space???!!!!

- Owen - Jack - Andrew- will suggest the bishop or some on to do it. SH- we have a link to St. Paul, will approach Andrew tell him what we what to do and ask his advice.

MR- I have contact as well



To discuss: BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CONTENT



Things to be done:

  • Write project description that can be sent to prospective speakers
  • Discuss project with prospective speakers
  • Make site visits and choreograph the walks
  • Approach sites if necessary to gain permission
  • Consider documentation of event
  • Generate list of questions for speakers
  • Do a trial/technical run
  • Invite audience/participants
  • Promote and publicise event

Sharon was nominated as working group leader for the June teaser.


Action:
  • WRITE PROJECT DESCRIPTION - DEADLINE WEDNESDAY 25TH APRIL
  • ALL MEMBERS TO ADD TO LIST OF POSSIBLE SPEAKERS FOR JUNE TEASER AND GUAGE ENTHUSIASM
  • 3 MOST POPULAR SPEAKERS TO BE APPROACHED


Item 3; EGYPT


To discuss: BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CONTENT



Action: RECORD ACTION



Item 4: WIKI

To discuss: The wiki, functionality and our organisational processes

Karem left the meeting and Marsha, Kuba and Sharon discussed the wiki and some organisational processes and good practice. The group thought that it would be good practice for members to bring a copy of the agenda to meetings, either a hard copy or on a computer/ipad, phone etc.

The group agreed that now that the wiki is up and running, it would be a good idea to do some 'wiki gardening' and look at the organisation of the wiki. It was agreed that a wiki workshop should be organised with Ben as soon as possible. Those present also agreed that it would be a good idea to schedule some time to sort out and archive the wiki together as a group. This way we could consider moving the wiki from an inward facing resource to making it more outwardly facing and visitor friendly.

On this note, the group discussed arranging business cards for CP. Sharon suggested Moo cards which are good quality and reasonable. There is also the opportunity to have a number of different images on the front of the cards which would be a good way to publicise CP at other events.



Action:
  • SPEAK TO BEN RE WIKI WORKSHOP (WE DIDN'T DECIDE WHO SHOULD DO THIS)
  • ARRANGE A WIKI ARCHIVING DAY (MAYBE THE SAME DAY AS THE WORKSHOP?)


Item 5: Any Other Business (AOB)

To discuss: BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CONTENT



Action: RECORD ACTION








return to minutes