- research alternative modes of economic redistribution to support networked cultural production (map apparatuses of cultural production in regard to extraction of value / rent in art market, creative industries, knowledge economy, gentrification and real estate speculation)
- answer to invite by Artur Zmijewski to think about "results of art" in relation to Berlin Biennale - We're articulating the question: "What is the use/effect of art?".
- discuss the situation in Berlin (Kuba'll be happy to share his knowledge / make a short intro)
- read & discuss texts (David Harvey, Matteo Pasquinelli, Julian Stallabrass, Sharon Zukin, Pierre Bourdieu)
- screen Neil's movie Museum Futures to give us inspiration of "mash up markets"
- seminar Sabotage of Rent with the comprehensive download section and with audio files from seminars
- reading group of 16th Beaver Art, criticism and its Market, with quite a lot of useful links and resources online
- History of Money - for dummies (like us ; ) )
- the manifesto Applied Social Arts by Artur Żmijewski - quite important for understanding terms like "results", "metaphor", "efficiency", as he is using them in his invitation
- Tramway in Glasgow has produced a podcast following Artur Żmijewski's recent exhibition of his work "Democracies" in Tramway 5, Oct - Dec 2010  Curators Lesley Young and James Hutchison discuss Artur Zmijewski's work Democracies, their relationship to the artist, his developing practise and ponder audiences reactions to the work. Democracies features 19 videos of mass public gatherings, riots and protests shown simultaneously in Tramway's street-facing gallery T5.
Return to Main Page
March 3, 2011, Research Base Room 2:30
Mach 29, 2011, Royal Festival Hall 5:30 - 9:00
1. Review the Invitation.
3. Building a Context for the Research: Extracting Value from Resources