Introduction to Marsha's Thesis
Return to Thesis Map
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
A. To sketch the background to the research question and identify rationales for the research
- Emerged from a critique of Relational Aesthetics
B.To identifying knowledge gaps
- Lack of discussion around collaboration from a practioner's perspective - experiential considerations
- Lack of theory and or criticism of discursive practice - with dialogic art exemplifying this trend
- Lack of discussion around subjectivies of collaborators/participants/contributors/addressees in collaborative art practice
C. To provide an overview of the research - intimation of "claim"
- From collaborative practice to something else - a dialogic sensibility (engaging with different forms of otherness) - a way of working more generally - not about working in a collaboration but about working collaboratively in a dialogic fashion - all the time
D. To discuss interrelationships between aspects of the thesis - written and practical components - (intimate) how the "written" is practical in important ways E. To provide a chapter overview
- We discussed the monologic possibilities of this part of the thesis as being more reflective (perhaps) than the other parts
- First Draft - reviewed by Neil and Mary Anne on...
- General Observations:
- That this draft will be substantially rewritten - likely towards the end of the process