23 11 10 minutes
DATE: Tuesday 23rd November 2010
LOCATION: 6.15pm till 8pm, Green Room, Chelsea College of Art and Design, Millbank
In Attendance: Scott, Metod, Marsha, Neil, Ewelina, Cathy, Karem
Minute Taker: Marsha
Item 1: Publication LayoutTo discuss: first draft layout of the Parade Publication, what do we think?
We're all excited about the publication and think it looks really good.
- Dates are not ideal
- Like "pull quotes" (Neil asks for suggests about which text to pull quote)
- Love the duotone
- We agree we’ll stick with “Parade Narrative”
- Concerns that pull quotes look like titles
- Marsha thinks we should streamline all the minutes so they’re consistent - Was there agreement about this?!
- Metod has some reservations about the font – not Helvetica
- We love the gate fold
- Map of the location of the stalls? Metod agrees to produce map
- Second section – uncoated – pearl?
- Do we want the photographs spot coated? Would it be too expensive?
- 5th colour?
- Could put the map on the back of the back of the gate fold
- Marsha to send photos of previous barcamps
- Metod to make several covers and we’ll pick and choose
- Metod map for Thursday Dec 2, 2010
Item 2; Workshops/activities and barcamps for Ranchito We're all excited about the Ranchito project and are planning the following...
- Analogue Wiki (Metod to faciliate) - large bulletin board - a place to visualize our thinking together - could it remain undisturbed during the project - sticky notes - (relates back to CP self-organization workshop several years ago - led by Ian and Robin)
- Walk (Scott and Karem to faciliate) - we talk about a derive as well as something more structured - mapping could be a metaphor for the project
- Barcamp - modes of (self)organization
- PechaKucha - on the theme "inspiration and aspiration"
- Future Archives - (on the Friday) - Ranchito in 2020
- Also, in the pub after the meeting we agreed to do something related to wikis
- To develop workshops further and feedback at December 16, 2010 meeting
Item 3; The New Members Manual
It looks fantastic - but needs some pictures here Great work Neil. Would be good if others contributed.
To discuss: Does it work and how will we introduce it to new members at the Christmas party
- 6:00 - 7:00 CP meeting - bring workshop ideas for Ranchito
- 7:00 - 9:00 New Members workshop - (Marsha to facilitate) - includes wiki workshop
Item 4: Broken ListThe list is broken again - this isn't sustainable - we need to getting more support for the wiki
- Ewelina to contact wiki friend and see if he can help or make recommendations
Item 5: Any Other Business (AOB)To discuss: BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CONTENT
return to Main Page or Agendas