TransActing Information for Stallholders
Information for Stallholders
# Transacting. A Market of Values
1. Place: Chelsea College of Art and Design, 16 John Islip Street, London SW1P 4JU, United Kingdom
2. Time: 12.00 a.m. - 5 p.m. on 11th of July of 2015. Please come to Parade Ground with all your gear on 10 a.m. the same day.
3. Technical Conditions: Please note that #Transacting is an open air market. Any advanced multimedia or digital presentations are discouraged. Go analogue! Engage in face to face exchanges! If you need access to electricity or any other media, please communicate it in advance to your contact CP Member.
4. Building the Market: The members of CP will build approximately 50 stalls to host all invited activities. In order to do so, we need your support. Everyone is welcome to come between 3rd and 10th of July and join the construction process. It will be a great chance to customize your own stall according to your wishes and desires. We will build from recycled materials, following a functional and chick design of Enzo Mari. Do not worry if you are not technically skilled. It will be fun. The process is facilitated by architects from Public Works to enable everyone to meaningfully participate.
5. Dismantling: Every Stallholder will be required to clean after his/her stall. Everyone is welcome to help CP with cleaning and dismantling after the Market.
6. Recycling: we will organize a special session on 12th of July, dedicated to changing our stalls into functional furniture, you are welcome to join! Please make sure to organize the transport.
7. Promotion: we need all the help we can get in ensuring that #Transacting will thrive with activity and milling crowds. So please, like us on FB, Twit, send emails, invite friends and relatives, post on blogs and email lists.
8. Texts and pictures: we need a 100 word description of your stall, in which you explain the type of transaction and values you are working with. We need 3 hi-res images along with your proposal. Images should be .jpg or .jpeg files at max. quality. Sized at least 1500 pixels (on the long edge) @ 300 DPI (dots per inch). Please label and reference on this form (in the right-hand side field) image files as follows: name & surname/group name, project name, image name, number (if applicable), copyright of the image (if required) as example suggests: CriticalPractice_TransActing_Stalls_3_Photo-JohnSmith.jpg
9. Contribution to the Catalogue: we plan to publish a catalogue after the Market. Every Vendor is invited to contribute to this publication. We need you to contribute up to 300 words summarizing your experiences at the Market, best with accompanying visual materials.
10. Payment: the agreed honorarium will be paid after the Market, on the basis of invoice and upon receiving contribution to the Catalogue.